Followers 0
BlizzND

Tube water pump - water outlet NAPA Balkamp #605-1053........ April 2003

1 post in this topic

water outlet part#....

April 16 2003 at 10:16 AM
Tom C.  (no login)
from IP address 63.226.25.48

Some time back someone was looking for this...
NAPA Balkamp #605-1053...is the water outlet.
297 is a 192/195 degree thermostat...
197 is a 180 degree thermostat.

For anyone in the Phoenix area, Hempleman's in Glendale had them on the shelf. I run the 192/195 degree in my 72 Bronco, year round.

Someone probably already provided this info, but here it is again. Sorry it took so long.
Tom C.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gary Orris
(no login)

cast iron?

April 16 2003, 1:07 PM 

Could that have been the hotheads string? I tried going to http://www.napaonline.com and typing in 605-1053 but nothing came of it. Probably doing it wrong but I did try a NAPA store locally and all he had for the Cleveland was the gasket. Decent price, though. I�d buy from NAPA just because of Michael Waltrip, but in all fairness I should have more Rubbermaid products around the house. Are those thermostats the Robertshaw high flow?
You know, if those are indeed the high quality cast iron thermostat housings and that for some reason Arizona is one of the last places to get them, you might consider purchasing all they have, add some chrome and go on e-bay. Just sell me one first!

Respond to this message   
Tom C.
(no login)

cast iron...

April 16 2003, 3:35 PM 

Yes, it is cast. I took the part # right off the box. The stat#s were also directly from the box, which are packaged for NAPA, and I don't know who actually makes them. They look good painted Blue.
Tom C.

Respond to this message   
idiot
(no login)

Re: water outlet part#....

April 16 2003, 3:40 PM 

I have one of those Balkamp housings...nice thick cast iron. I chose to clean the casting roughness up a small amount, but it looks like its a well made piece.

Respond to this message   
Gary Orris
(no login)

iron is gold

April 16 2003, 11:36 PM 

Those cast iron pieces are no doubt fast becoming a thing of the past, unless they are still making them in Australia. Didn't pay too much attention at the time to the Aussie site that advertised them, but I might have to go that route. Again, you guys just might be sitting on a gold mine. Confindent I'll bring this Taiwan thing up to snuff, but I believe the saying about the silk purse from a sow's ear still has merit.

Respond to this message   
Adam
(no login)

re: iron is gold

April 17 2003, 5:24 PM 

Going back to the leaky chrome t-stat housings, were the ones that were leaking plated inside and out? or just on the outside?
The cheap taiwanese one I have in my shed is plated inside and out including the o-ring groove, the chrome looks quite deep.

Respond to this message   
Gary Orris
(no login)

Even the o-ring's chromed!

April 17 2003, 9:37 PM 

No just kidding. It's chrome plated inside and out. Couldn't imagine anyone slapping it on right out of the box without surfacing the bottom unless they were quite liberal with the sealer. I could also see why at least one person had a leak out of the hose end. There's a slight mismatch condition.

Respond to this message   
Rhino
(no login)

good ol ozzy cast

May 9 2003, 7:55 AM 

yes guys nearly 80 % of the cleavland housings here are still good thick cast iron
Edited by BlizzND