Ottersea

Aftermarket heads and exhaust placement

7 posts in this topic

I may be running into a problem with my project. I have a 56 Courier that I am putting a cleveland in. It has been in there but I have made some changes and do not know if it will work. Right now I have a set of headers I made up to fit with Aussie heads. The thing is the heads are stock so I am looking at getting a set of aftermarket aluminum heads. I figure for what I would have to spend prepping the Aussie heads I can buy a set of aluminum ones. Thing about getting a set is the exhaust port placement. I see where Trickflow says theirs move the exhaust port up .1 inch. It is REAL tight right now so do not know if the headers would fit or not. I know I could make up another set of headers but would like to not have to.  Any good aftermarket heads that have the stock placement of the exhaust port? I am not racing this as it is going to be a restomod for crusing and shows.

Do not really know as have not checked into this. I know finding someone who can work on a set of cleveland heads can be problematic. Seems cutting the post down for adjustable rockers can be a problem. Where I am (NW Arkansas) there really is no performance industry. I just do not want to have what I already have done to the Aussie head done wrong and so have to start all over again. I need them cut for adjustable rockers, Opened up for larger valves, unshrouding the combustion chamber, etc. I have a feeling this would cost as much as just getting a set of aluminum ones. Do not really know tho.

I have heard good things about the Edelbrock heads mated with the Edelbrock Air gap dual plane intake, makes an excellent combo but it ups te compression as the AU heads do, yet flows the same if not a tish better than the iron 2V's